- Research the animation/media industry, its impact on society, the economy, and its evolution through emerging technology including virtual reality and Oculus Rift.
- Create and work with 3D modeling software such as Blender and Maya and video editing software including Final Cut Pro and Adobe After Effects.
- Learn about data capture, manipulation, game engines, engage in pre- and post-production, develop strong writing skills, and create a demo reel.
- List factors which contribute to the success of radio/television stations and production houses for animation, film and audio, identify hiring criteria for animation jobs, and demonstrate interviewing skills.
- Visit the 3D Animation & Game Design site for JTED @ Santa Rita
3D ANIMATION & GAME DESIGN
This is a three-year program
Location: JTED @ Flowing Wells, JTED @ Santa Rita
Eligibility: Grades 10-12
No high school diploma or GED before program completion
Credits: 1/year, *2/year
JTED @ Flowing Wells: M/W 4-6:30 p.m.
JTED @ Santa Rita: M-F Period 5, M/W or T/TH 4:15-6:45 p.m.
*JTED @ Santa Rita: M-F (Block) 2-4 p.m.