- Experience Fire Service roles and organization including history, culture, mission, career tracks, operating procedures, and community interaction
- Learn fire prevention, safety, control, detection, alarm, approach, suppression, first responder, and communication systems
- Understand fire behavior, categories, equipment use, salvage, and non-fire search and rescue procedures
- Practice physical fitness and personal wellness
- Earn Wildland and Haz Mat certifications
- Earn Firefighter I and II certifications (Must be 18 years of age)
This is a one-year program.
Locations: JTED @ Camino Seco, JTED @ Master Pieces
- Grades 11, 12
- Candidates seeking advanced certifications must be 18 years old.
- Pre-participation physical required (Taken after March 1, 2017)
- No high school diploma or GED before program completion
JTED @ Camino Seco – M/W 3:30-7:30 p.m., + two Saturdays/month 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
JTED @ Master Pieces – T/TH 3:30-7:30 p.m., + two Saturdays/month 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Fees: $200 plus required uniforms and additional supplies
Fee waivers are available for students who demonstrate financial need. Please speak with a JTED Central Campus counselor, or email firstname.lastname@example.org