- All high school students (freshmen – seniors) who are currently enrolled in a Career and Technical Education (CTE)/Pima JTED program are eligible to apply for one of 23 scholarships worth $1,500. Speak with your high school counselor or check the programs and locations listed on our website if you need to confirm that your course qualifies you to enter. Judges are looking for entries from all programs.
- Create a video using your phone that is a minimum of 2 minutes in length and no more than 5 minutes long that showcases what you love about your CTE program.
- Videos must positively highlight one or more CTE programs.
- Each entry must be submitted by one individual, awards will not be split for teams.
- Your video must show your classroom, lab, or learning environment.
- Narrate your video. Here are a few suggestions of things our judges would like to hear from you:
How has CTE changed your life?
How will CTE change your life?
What types of skills have you learned or are you learning?
What experiences have you found exciting and/or valuable in the program?
You may also interview a former student or business person connected with your program.
- If you incorporate music it must be royalty-free.
- Do not insert music, images, or video clips that are copyrighted.
- Print the attached Photo Release form, and complete one for yourself and have every person who appears in your video sign one. Parents or legal guardians must sign the forms of anyone under the age of 18.
- Download Photo Release Form
Submit your Video Entry
- Set up a YouTube page (or use your existing page if you have one) and upload your video.
- Copy the link to your video by using the “Share” button on your YouTube Channel upload.
- Scan or take photos of all your Release forms so you are prepared to upload them on the submission form below.
- Complete the form below and submit it before the deadline of Friday, May 4, 2018.
- Thanks to a generous donation by Mr. Ross Potoff, the JTED Fund will award up to 23 scholarships at $1,500 each.
- The scholarship funds will go directly toward a post-secondary education institution: College, University, Community College, Junior College, or Technical/Trade School.
- The 2018 winners will be announced on Friday, May 11, 2018, and the winners will be invited to be recognized at the Pima JTED Central Campus Completion Ceremony at the Tucson Convention Center on Friday, May 18.
- Video entries will become the property of Pima JTED and winning entries will be highlighted on our website and social media channels.
Contact the Pima JTED Director of Public Relations, Greg D’Anna at email@example.com