From Human Resources Manager Martha Martinez:
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation progresses, questions have been raised about what health insurance will cover, and what it won’t. This
includes the most current information on coverages, and where you should go to get the most up-to-date and accurate information about COVID-19.
Based on what we know today, Kairos will cover COVID-19 diagnostic testing and related services, including the following:
- No copay or cost share for COVID-19 testing
- Required medication is covered if you’ve tested positive for COVID-19
- Hospital-based quarantine services are subject to the usual inpatient coverage terms
- There are no penalties for in-network versus out-of-network service lab work
- Nurse Advice and Online Doctor Visits:
- Nurse on Call Service: Call 866.422.2729 any time of the day or night to speak with a registered nurse.
- BlueCare Anywhere: $0 out-of-pocket through June 12, 2020. This 24/7 service connects you to a board-certified doctor by live video. It’s just like going to see a doctor, only you don’t have to leave your home or office. You can use your computer, tablet or mobile device for your video visit.
Kairos has activated its crisis management plan and is taking a proactive approach to maintain business operations. While our employees’ health and well-being are very important to us, so is continuing to provide excellent customer service, and we have taken measures to ensure our member services coordinators can continue to work from home.
Please refer to the CDC website daily for the most up-to-date and accurate information and guidance. The CDC website also has specific guidance for travel, businesses and employers, and schools and childcare providers.
Please contact your member services coordinator at 888.331.0222 if you have any other questions or concerns.