News and announcements are changing fast regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. We are committed to sending automated messages to our students, parents, and guardians as new information becomes available, so please keep your information on file with us up-to-date, and check your email, these web pages, and our social media outlets frequently.
Pima JTED is working closely with State, local officials, and the Pima County Health Department to determine when and how to resume in-person classes. We will communicate our plans for reopening on this website, and send communications to students and parents. If you are a new or returning student, please notify our Registrars if there are any changes to your contact information. When we do reopen our campuses, the following protocols will apply while there are active COVID-19 cases in our community:
Every person who enters a Pima JTED campus is subject to a wellness screening.
All staff must following the current building access protocols put in place by Human Resources.
No one will be permitted to enter one of our campuses if he or she is exhibiting any of the following symptoms:
- fever of 100.4 degrees or higher, or chills
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- muscle aches
- sore throat
- congestion or runny nose
- new loss of taste or smell
Students and staff must report immediately to a teacher or supervisor if they develop symptoms or have a positive COVID-19 test.
Every person who enters a Pima JTED campus must practice social distancing, maintaining a six-foot distance apart from other individuals at all times possible.
Everyone on campus must wear an approved cloth face covering (*Subject to health conditions stated below). Bandannas, gaiters, and scarves are not permitted. Students will not be required to wear face coverings during physical activity, or if there is appropriate physical distancing while outdoors.
- *Any student who has difficulty breathing or who is incapable of physically removing the face covering on his/her own will not wear cloth face coverings, and alternate methods of protection will be discussed by parents and staff.
- Pima JTED has masks available and will issue one to individuals without a mask.
All students and staff will be required to wash their hands with soap and water for a least 20 seconds and/or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol at the following times:
- upon arrival at school
- after being outside for physical activity
- before and after eating
- before leaving a restroom
- prior to leaving campus
- after sneezing, coughing, or blowing nose
Students are not permitted to share supplies.
Regardless of the restroom size or type, only one occupant is allowed in a restroom at a time.
Only authorized students and staff will be permitted on campus, visitors are not allowed.
All campuses are closed campuses, which means students are not permitted to leave the premises until they are dismissed for the day by the teacher. Students are not permitted to have visitors or deliveries including food.
Common areas, break rooms will remain closed.
Students and staff are required to follow all directional signs, including floor markings.
Pima JTED Facility Care
- All Pima JTED facilities have PPE supplies for staff and students.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance and throughout our buildings.
- Pima JTED’s facilities are professionally cleaned daily with recommended cleansers.
- Signage is in place that clearly states our COVID-19 mitigation protocols.
- Clear acrylic barriers are in place in common areas.
- Staff have been trained to sanitize high-touch areas throughout the hours of operation.
- Air ducts are being professionally cleaned/treated to mitigate virus spread.