Term of Employment: 10 months; Temporary; Part time; Hourly
Salary Range: $25 per hour
Develops curriculum and instruction for the program, organizes and implements a student recruitment plan consistent with district educational goals and objectives. Will develop the physical facility, and secure local business partnerships to provide internship opportunities to students.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Prepares curriculum and instruction for the Heavy Equipment Operations program
- Organize and implement a comprehensive student recruitment plan
- Establish and coordinate a comprehensive advisory committee to guide the program development
- Have thorough knowledge of Pima County JTED policies that pertain to instruction, students, student discipline
- Develop a plan for participation in Skills USA events at the regional, state and national levels
- Develop the physical facility including equipment and supplies
- Submit progress reports as requested
- Secure partnerships with local businesses to provide internships and other work based learning opportunities for students
- Performs other related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess a Career & Technical Education Certificate or be able to obtain a provisional CTE certificate
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Three years teaching experience to include career/technical/occupations/vocational education in a certified secondary program is preferred
- Thorough knowledge and application of secondary curriculum and instruction in career/technical/occupational/vocational education, vocational work and apprenticeship programs is preferred
- Three years of experience as a Heavy Equipment Operator, and experience with a variety of machinery is preferred
- Current negative TB test (within a year)
- MMR immunization (unless born prior to January 1,1957)
- Must possess a valid IVP fingerprint clearance card or be able to obtain one
First Screening – November 19, 2015