Term of Employment:
Full time, 10 months plus benefits/Campus locations to be determined
Salary Range: $43,542.00 – $60,772.00 Depending on experience and level of education
The Central Campus Counselor’s primary role is working with students. The Counselor serves as a consultant, resource person, guidance specialist, researcher and educator. These roles support the function of counseling of students and allow the Counselor to serve as the students’ advocate. Develops and implements curriculum consistent with district educational goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Provide academic, career and personal/social counseling services for JTED central campus students
- Monitor central campus student progress, and implement retention strategies when necessary and appropriate
- Implement guidance curriculum in JTED central program classrooms.
- Utilize online AZ Career Information System to facilitate student Education and Career Action Plans (ECAPs)
- Assist JTED instructors in delivery of Employability Skills lessons to meet state CTE standards
- Participate on program advisory committees
- Assist with career and technical student organizations (CTSOs)
- Communicate regularly with relevant stakeholders (i.e. students, parents, high school personnel)
- Submit monthly, quarterly and annual activity reports
- Assist in JTED outreach activities related to student recruitment
- Performs other related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications/Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Education or related field
- Arizona Pre K-12 Guidance Counselor Certificate, or equivalent licensure/certification
- Knowledge of Arizona Career and Technical Education and Joint Technical Education Districts
- 2+ years experience working directly with high school students
- Computer skills including word processing, databases, Google Apps, Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, students, local school districts, and community
- Valid IVP fingerprint clearance card
- MMR immunization (unless born prior to January 1, 1957), negative TB test (within the last year)
- Negative TB test (within the last year)
- Valid Arizona driver’s license
- Arizona CTE Certificate
- Bilingual English/Spanish
FLSA Status: Exempt
Submit a signed cover letter, resume, three recent (within five years) signed professional reference letters and a copy of current certificate(s) via mail, email, fax or hand deliver to Martha Martinez at the JTED District Office. Applications accepted through April 12, 2019 . Open until filled.
Pima County JTED • 2855 W. Master Pieces Drive • Tucson, AZ 85741
(520) 352-JTED (5833) • Fax (520) 352-5842 • firstname.lastname@example.org