Term of Employment: Perdiem/Substitute position
• Teaches State Approved Nursing Assistant curriculum, skills lab and/or clinical rotations to high school students.
• Provide constant supervision of students enrolled in the JTED Nursing Assistant Programs.
• Have thorough knowledge of Pima County JTED policies that pertain to instruction, student discipline, and Arizona State Board of Nursing rules and regulations.
• Participate in skills lab to assist students to gain skills for the clinical arena.
• Be responsible for a clinical group in regards to attendance, instruction, supervision, and grading of students, as well as maintain good communication with the Nursing Service Manager and registrar.
• Assist learners in identifying learning needs and guides to appropriate resources.
• Evaluates effectiveness of learning strategies and outcomes of educational activities.
• Three years practicing as professional nurse and/or teaching experience to include career/technical/occupational/vocational education in a certified secondary program is preferred.
• Thorough knowledge and application of secondary curriculum and instruction in career/technical/occupational/vocational education, vocational work and apprenticeship program is preferred.
• One or more years in supervising nursing assistants or possess credit for a course on teaching adults.
• Maintains licensure as a Registered Nurse in good standing from the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
Submit cover letter, resume, three recent (within five years) signed professional reference letters, and a copy of current certificate(s) via mail, fax, hand deliver or Online Upload to Martha Martinez at the JTED District Office. Open until filled.
Pima County JTED • 2855 W. Master Pieces Drive
Tucson, AZ 85741 (520) 352-JTED (5833) • Fax (520) 352-5842