Term of Employment: Part-time as needed/Up to 19.5 hours per week/Not benefits eligible
Salary Range: $22 per hour
Hours: As needed, can include Saturdays 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Tuesday & Thursday between 3:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
The Fire Service Skill Instructor works under the direction of the Instructor of a program. The Skill Instructor assists in preparing instructions and materials used during instruction, demonstrations, and skills rotations. The skill instructor works or has worked in the industry and has the ability to teach the skills of the program’s industry. The Fire Service Skill instructor must adhere to Pima County JTED policies and procedures as well as the prescribed dress code while at work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Teaches skills lab and/or rotations to high school students
- Assists the instructor with the setup of instruction, demonstrations, and skills rotations
- Assists with the supervision of students enrolled in the Fire Service Program
- Works closely with the instructor in the skills lab to assist students in gaining skills for certification and future student advanced training.
- Must be able to evaluate and provide guidance to students in industry certifications related to the program
- Ensures safe and effective use of training facilities
- Monitors students and assists with questions regarding demonstrations and skills rotations
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications/Education and/or Experience:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Holds a current Fire Services Training Certification
- Proficiency with NFPA and AZCRSE skills
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Maintains credentials/licensure in good standing
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Current immunization record MMR immunization, unless born prior to January 1, 1957
- Negative TB test (within the last year)
- Valid IVP fingerprint clearance card or be able to obtain one
- Valid Arizona Driver License
Submit a signed cover letter, resume, three recent (within five years) signed professional reference letters and a copy of current certificate(s) via mail, email, fax or deliver to Martha Martinez at the JTED District office. Open until filled.
Pima JTED • 2855 W. Master Pieces Drive • Tucson, AZ 85741
Phone: (520) 352-5833 • Fax: (520) 352-5842 • E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org