Term of Employment: 10 months/hours and location to be determined
Salary Range: Starting placement to be determined; Dependent on student enrollment, experience and level of education
Develops and implements a Healthcare Foundations curriculum program consistent with the district educational goals and objectives.
- Teaches junior healthcare foundations curriculum, skills lab and/or shadowing rotations to high school students. Curriculum includes; knowledge in anatomy & physiology, health careers, medical ethics, operation of healthcare facilities, basic nursing skills
- Provides constant supervision of students enrolled in the JTED Healthcare Foundations Program
- Has thorough knowledge of Pima County JTED policies that pertain to instruction, student discipline, and senior pathway rules and regulations (AZBN, NCIA, AECA PT, AMT, NHA)
- Maintains records for attendance, instruction, supervision, and grading of students. Submits reports as requested (grades, attendance, behavior, etc.)
- Communicates effectively with students, parents, and colleagues at the campus level
- Maintains good communication with the Nursing Services Manager and Registrar
- Serves as an Advisor for the HOSA CTSO, involving students in activities at the local, state, and national levels
- Evaluates effectiveness of learning strategies and outcomes of educational activities and makes necessary provisions to meet learning needs
- Maintains the physical facility including equipment and supplies
- Reports to the Nursing Services Program Manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Career & Technical Education teaching certificate in Health Careers (provisional or standard)
- Three years experience in healthcare or related field
- Three years teaching experience to include career/technical/occupational/vocational education in a certified secondary program is preferred
- Thorough knowledge and application of secondary curriculum and instruction in career/technical/ occupational/vocational education, vocational work and apprenticeship programs is preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proof of MMR immunization required, unless born prior to January 1, 1957
- Current negative TB skin test (within the last year)
- Valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Arizona Driver License
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Computer skills including word processing, Google Apps, Microsoft Office
- Utilizes sound judgement and decision-making skills
Submit a signed cover letter, resume, three recent (within five years) signed professional reference letters and a copy of current certificate(s) via mail, email, fax or deliver to Martha Martinez at the JTED District Office. Applications accepted through April 12, 2019. Open until filled.
Pima County JTED • 2855 W. Master Pieces Drive • Tucson, AZ 85741
(520) 352-JTED (5833) • Fax (520) 352-5842 • email@example.com