Term of Employment:
One position at JTED @ Empire 10701 E. Mary Ann Cleveland Way
One position at JTED @ Camino Seco 8727 E. 22 nd St.
One position at JTED @ Master Pieces 2855 W. Master Pieces Drive
Part-time as needed/Up to19.5 hours per week/Not benefits eligible
Salary Range: $12.50 per hour
Hours: Monday – Thursday between 1:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m
The Lab Assistant is a professional who assists in preparing instructions and materials used during class time activities/laboratory demonstrations and practicum. The Lab Assistant must adhere to Pima County JTED policies and procedures as well as the prescribed lab dress code while at work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
Preparing Lab for Practicum:
- Assist the instructor in the lab in advance
- Set up any laboratory equipment needed for the lab practicum demonstration rotations
- Ensure the lab is stocked with necessary supplies, monitor lab supply inventory, restocking as needed, and keep instructor informed
Assisting instructor in Lab Practicum:
- Work closely with the instructor and students during lab practicum
- Monitor and assist students while in the lab and assist with any questions they may have regarding the clinical skill.
- The Lab assistant is required to read all guidelines provided by the instructor prior to the lesson.
- Set up any classroom equipment/supplies needed, including copying forms
- Work closely with the instructor and students during classroom activities
- Collect, monitor and file required paperwork
- Assist with HOSA activities/meetings
- Attend field trips, in role of chaperone, as needed
- Assist with CPR (become a certified CPR instructor)
Performs other related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications/Education and/or Experience:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be enrolled in college courses
- Must have one of the following certifications; Medical Assistant, Caregiver, or CNA
- Current CPR certification/instructor
- Must have thorough knowledge of Google Apps, Microsoft Office including word, Excel and Power Point
- Knowledge of electronic medical records
- Current immunization record, Proof of MMR immunization unless born prior to January 1, 1957, current negative TB test (within the last year)
- Valid IVP fingerprint clearance card or be able to obtain one
- Valid Arizona Driver License
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of internet use for research purposes
- Knowledge of using a high volume copy machine
Hiring preference for this position will be given to former JTED Health Care Professions student graduates.
Submit a signed cover letter, resume, three recent (within five years) signed professional reference letters and a copy of current certificate(s) via mail, email, fax or deliver to Martha Martinez at the JTED District office. Applications accepted through July 2, 2019. Open until filled.
Pima County JTED • 2855 W. Master Pieces Drive • Tucson, AZ 85741
Phone: (520) 352-5833 • Fax: (520) 352-5842 • E-mail: email@example.com
Pima County JTED #11 is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, language of origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or marital status. Unless expressly superseded by controlling federal or state statutes, regulations or court decisions, this policy will prevail in all matters concerning staff members, students, the public, educational programs and services and individuals with whom the Joint Board does business.