Term of Employment: Full time, 10 months plus benefits
Salary Range: $41,158.00 – 60,772.00 Dependent on experience and level of education
Hours: Variable; includes some evenings and Saturdays
The Licensed Nurse Assistant (LNA) Program Coordinator will coordinate with the LNA Program Manager to provide a premier JTED Health Services experience for students and ensure all AZ Board of Nursing criteria are met to provide an opportunity for them to test for AZ state licensure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Supervise and evaluate Licensed Nurse Assistant (LNA) program in conjunction with Program Manager.
- Ensure instructors meet AZ State Board of Nursing qualifications and ensure there are sufficient instructors to provide for a clinical ratio not to exceed 10 students per instructor
- Maintains student records and prepares reports related to state regulatory agencies
- Maintains relationships and contracts with clinical agencies and procures new clinical contracts
- Works with Program Manager to ensure positive learning experiences for Healthcare Professions students.
- Ensures program compliance with laws governing regulated Healthcare Professions programs and the rules of the AZ State Board of Nursing related to LNA’s (R4-19-801).
- Ensure program meets federal requirements regarding clinical facilities under 42 CFR 483.151.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is subject to Arizona State Board of Nursing approval prior to being hired. The Board of Nursing will review
credentials such as; resume, verify work experience, as well as determine whether an individual’s long term care
experience is appropriate to this position. Experience within an educational program is highly desired.
Minimum Qualifications/Education and/or Experience:
- Holds a current Registered Nurse license that is active and in good standing or multistate privilege to practice as an RN under A.R.S. Title 32, Chapter 15.
- Possess at least 2 years of nursing experience at least one year of which is in the provision of long term care services
- AA Degree or higher
- Experience within an educational program is highly desired
- Current immunization record or proof of immunity
- Proof of MMR immunization required unless born prior to January 1, 1957
- Negative TB test (within the last year)
- Valid IVP fingerprint clearance card or be able to obtain one
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of AZ State Board of Nursing regulations
- Detail oriented
- High level of organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with clinical sites
Submit a signed cover letter, resume, three recent (within five years) signed professional reference letters and a copy of current certificate(s) via mail, email, fax or deliver to Martha Martinez at the JTED District office. Applications accepted through April 12, 2019. Open until filled.
Pima County JTED • 2855 W. Master Pieces Drive • Tucson, AZ 85741
Phone: (520) 352-5833 • Fax: (520) 352-5842 • E-mail: email@example.com