Term of Employment: 10 Months/hours and location to be determined
Salary Range: Starting placement to be determined; Dependent on student enrollment, experience and level of education
- Teaches State Approved Nursing Assistant & Certified Caregiver Curriculum, skills lab and/or clinical rotations to high school students.
- Provide constant supervision of students enrolled in the JTED Nursing Assistant & Certified Caregiver Programs
- Have thorough knowledge of Pima County JTED policies that pertain to instruction, student discipline, and Arizona State Board of Nursing & Nursing Care Institution Administrators (NCIA) rules and regulations
- Be responsible for attendance, instruction, supervision, and grading of students, as well as maintain good communication with the Nursing Service Manager and Registrar
- Assist with the advisor duties of the HOSA CTSO, involving students in activities at the local, state, and national levels
- Assist learners in identifying learning needs and guides to appropriate resources.
- Evaluates effectiveness of learning strategies and outcomes of educational activities.
- Report to the Nursing Service Program Manager
- Submit reports as requested, including grades, attendance, behavior, etc.
- Assist in maintaining program certification by the Arizona State Board of Nursing & NCIA as necessary
- Performs related duties as assigned
- Must possess a Career & Technical Education industrial technology certificate in Health Careers or be able to obtain a provisional CTE certificate in Health Careers.
- Three years practicing as a professional nurse and/or teaching experience to include career/technical/occupational/vocational education in a certified secondary program is
- Thorough knowledge and application of secondary curriculum and instruction in career/technical/occupational/vocational education, vocational work and apprenticeship programs is
- One or more years in supervising nursing assistants or possess credit for a course on teaching adults.
- Maintains licensure as a Registered Nurse in good standing from the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- Current negative TB skin test (within the last six months),
- Proof of MMR immunization required unless born prior to January 1, 1957
- Current DPS IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
Submit cover letter, resume, three professional reference letters and a copy of certificate(s) via mail, email, fax or deliver to Martha Martinez at the JTED District Office. Applications accepted through April 12, 2019. Open until filled.
Pima County JTED • 2855 W. Master Pieces Drive • Tucson, AZ 85741
(520) 352-JTED (5833) • Fax (520) 352-5842 • email@example.com