Term of Employment: Part-time as needed/Up to 19.5 hours per week/Not benefits eligible
Salary Range: $22 per hour
Hours: As needed, Monday – Thursday between 2:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Some Fridays for clinics and some Saturdays for Grooming/Clinic services
The Veterinary Science Skill Instructor works under the direction of the instructors of the Veterinary Science program. The Skill Instructor assists in preparing instructions and materials used during instruction, demonstrations, and skills rotations. The skill instructor works in the industry and has the ability to teach the skills of the program’s industry. The Skill instructor must adhere to Pima County JTED policies and procedures as well as the prescribed dress code while at work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Teaches skills lab and/or rotations to high school students
- Assists the instructor with the setup of instruction, demonstrations, and skills rotations
- Assists with the supervision of students enrolled in the Veterinary Science Program
- Works closely with the instructor in the skills lab to assist students in gaining skills for certification and future student advanced training.
- Must be able to evaluate and provide guidance to students in industry certifications related to the program
- Ensures safe and effective use of training facilities
- Monitors students and assists with questions regarding demonstrations and skills rotations
- Performs other related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Minimum Qualifications/Education and/or Experience:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current Pet CPR Certification preferred
- Have thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office including word, Excel and Power Point
- Have knowledge of Idexx laboratory equipment preferred.
- Have knowledge of common laboratory equipment used in a veterinary practice
- Knowledge of electronic medical records used in veterinary practice (Avimark/SpecVet)
- Maintains credentials/licensure in good standing
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Current immunization record MMR immunization, unless born prior to January 1, 1957
- Negative TB test (within the last year)
- Valid IVP fingerprint clearance card or be able to obtain one
- Valid Arizona Driver License
Submit a signed cover letter, resume, three recent (within five years) signed professional reference letters and a copy of current certificate(s) via mail, email, fax or deliver to Martha Martinez at the JTED District office. Applications accepted through January 25, 2019. Open until filled.
Pima JTED • 2855 W. Master Pieces Drive • Tucson, AZ 85741
Phone: (520) 352-5833 • Fax: (520) 352-5842 • E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pima JTED #11 is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, language of origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or marital status. Unless expressly superseded by controlling federal or state statutes, regulations or court decisions, this policy will prevail in all matters concerning staff members, students, the public, educational programs and services and individuals with whom the Joint Board does business.