Pima JTED offers 60% reimbursement to its teachers in order to satisfy the deficiencies on your CTE teaching certificate for US Constitution and AZ Constitution courses. This benefit is extended to the CTE teachers in high schools within JTED’s member districts as well as Central Campus teachers.
For the 20-21 school year, instructors have the opportunity to submit a Pre-Approval Application by Tuesday, January 12, 2021. Teachers will receive approval no later than January 19, 2021, and then may register for and take one or both courses anytime between January 29, 2021, and May 30, 2021. Instructors must complete the course and submit their Reimbursement Application no later than June 7, 2021, along with the unofficial transcript and proof of payment.
- Instructors who are teaching CTE within Pima JTED (Central or Satellite) are eligible to apply for reimbursement upon earning a letter grade of C or better, or a grade of “pass” in a pass or fail course.
- Instructors are not eligible to receive reimbursement from Pima JTED if the cost of the course(s) is covered by other grants and/or scholarship programs.
- Submit a Pre-Approval application (see Step 1 below) by Tuesday, January 12, 2021, to Pima JTED at Pre-Approval Application.
- Teachers will be notified of their approval by January 19, 2021.
- Once approved teachers will go online to https://www.npc.edu/ to become admitted as a Northland Pioneer College student.
- Upon receiving notification of being admitted teachers may then register for course(s) and complete the course(s) between January 29, 2021, and May 30, 2021.
- Once teachers complete the course(s), teachers are to submit the Reimbursement Application (see Step 2 below) no later than June 7, 2021. This process requires teachers to upload a Northland Pioneer College unofficial transcript awarding the credit, and proof of payment.
- If teachers have questions or are unable to upload the required documents, please make advance arrangements to deliver them or email them to Mary Andrade in the Professional Development Office or use our contact us form.
- Reimbursement checks will be mailed to the address provided. Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing.