Earn three certifications that lead to direct employment and gain skills to advance your career in the medical field: Phlebotomy, Electrocardiography (EKG), and Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- As a Phlebotomy Technician student you will learn theory and gain hands-on practice to master both the technical and procedural aspects necessary to perform venipuncture and collect blood specimens.
- To earn your EKG Technician certification your instructor will introduce you to the basic principles of electrocardiographic devices and their use to test and record electrical impulses from the heart. You will learn to record EKGs, vital signs, cardiac rhythms, and stress, plus understand how EKG changes and myocardial infarctions are associated.
- Your EHR certification will prepare you to ethically and legally access and manage electronic health records, often referred to as “charts” which contain patient treatments and medical history, at a medical office.
This course satisfies the prerequisite of Health Care Foundations when taken during the junior year for those who wish to pursue a Health Care Pathway Program.
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) Technician
- Electronic Health Record Specialist
- EKG Technician
Job Leads To:
- Patient Care or Cardiac Technician
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Exercise Physiologist
- Registered Nurse
Grades 11, 12
Comprehensive Health Care Technician Classroom/Lab
JTED @ the Bridges Campus
Comprehensive Health Care Technician
JTED @ The Bridges M-F (Block) Periods 1,2 (8:05-10:15 a.m.) or Periods 3,4 (10:18 a.m. – 12:28 p.m.)
JTED @ Camino Seco T/TH 2:15 – 4:45 p.m. + 5 hours of weekly online assignments
JTED @ Empire M-F Periods 5 and 6
JTED @ Master Pieces M/W 2:15 – 4:45 p.m. + 5 hours of weekly online assignments