Apply technical knowledge and skills to develop working drawings and electronic simulations for architectural and related construction projects. This program includes instruction in basic construction and structural design, architectural rendering, architectural-aided drafting (CAD), layout and designs, architectural blueprint interpretation, building materials, and basic structural wiring diagramming. Learn basic drafting and design fundamentals using AutoCAD and SketchUp computer-aided drafting (CAD) tools.
Students who apply for PCC graduation: CAD Technician
Things to Consider About This Program
- 12th grade students can complete year 1 with JTED and can continue in the college program as a graduate. 12th grade students are only enrolled if classroom space is available.
- In this program you are a high school student and a college student. Your performance is reflected on your transcripts for your high school and Pima Community College.
- Your grades for this course will impact your college GPA.
- Architectural & Civil Drafter
Jobs Available After Additional or Advanced Training
- Civil Engineering Technician
Students must also complete the following:
- JTED pre-enrollment and registration forms
- JTED & PCC onboarding requirements
- Application to PCC (tuition is paid by JTED)
- PCC Assessments in reading, writing, and math
- Attend New Student Orientation for JTED @ PCC students
Computer Aided Design
JTED @ Pima Community College Downtown:
- Classes are scheduled per semester (days and times will vary)
- Students are expected to be on campus 2 evenings a week (between 4 – 10 p.m.)
- Junior Year (Fall) CAD101 – Computer Aided Drafting
- Junior Year (Spring) CAD151 – Computer Aided Drafting for Construction
- Senior Year (Fall) CAD155 – Residential Computer Aided Design
- Senior Year (Spring) CAD157 – Introduction to Site Development Design and STU100 – Student College Success
(Earn 17 PCC credits)