- Develop positive professional relationships with patients, and gain the expertise in medical terminology, ethics, charting, common disease disorders for each body system, and the structure and function of body systems
- Perform medical procedures with confidence including, venipuncture, electrocardiograms, visual and hearing screenings, pulse oximetry, ear lavage, and assist in minor surgeries and patient exams
- Manage a wellness clinic scheduling appointments, assisting with patient education, processing referrals, working with insurance companies, and maintaining medical records
- Complete an externship delivering patient care in a clinic or medical office as a member of a healthcare team
This is a Healthcare Pathway Class*
Locations: JTED @ Empire, JTED @ Master Pieces
*Prerequisite: Healthcare Foundations (Ask your counselor about alternative prerequisites at your home high school)
- Grade 12
- Placement testing required.
- This program requires fingerprint clearance, drug testing and a background check.
- The regulatory agency for this program requires students to provide a valid Social Security number.
- In order to obtain certification as a Medical Assistant, students must pass a written skills exam.
- No high school diploma or GED before program completion
M-TH 2:45-6:45 p.m. Open Lab: F 12-5 p.m.
Summer 2018: 160-hour externship
Fees: $300 plus required uniforms and additional supplies
Fee waivers are available for students who demonstrate financial need. Please speak with a JTED Central Campus counselor, or email email@example.com