You are eligible to take a Pima County JTED Career and Technical Education program if you are or will be a:

  • High school age sophomore, junior, or senior.
  • Resident of Pima County, Nogales, Rio Rico (Santa Cruz), or Mammoth-San Manuel (Pinal County).
  • Student who is not currently enrolled in school but has completed 9th grade, is under 22 years of age and has not earned a high school diploma or GED.
  • A student who attends traditional public, charter, private or home-school. We also accept students who are not currently enrolled in school but have completed 9th grade.

Do What You Love!

Learn how to explore your options and find the best class for you with Tanisha Tatum, one of JTED’s counselors! Prefer to learn how to explore in Spanish? Check out the Spanish version here.

Find your true calling through Pima JTED.

Take the Holland Code Career Quiz

Earn industry certifications

Enrollment Process for New Students

  1. Review the Program and Central Campus information, which can be found on the Programs page or in the Pima JTED Program Guide.
  2. Speak with your high school counselor or contact one of our Central Campus Counselors if you have questions.
  3. Complete the Pre-Enrollment Application in its entirety. Once submitted you will receive an email confirmation. Note that most programs are on a first come first filled basis. If the program you selected requires an additional application you will receive that application via email immediately after submitting your Pre-Enrollment Application – Cosmetology, Community Health Care Worker, Emergency Medical Technician, Licensed Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, Pharmacy Technician, Physical Therapy Technician & Veterinary Science. We will notify your Parent/Guardian 1 in early April by email to complete the enrollment process or to inform you if you have been placed on a waitlist.
  4. Should you be offered a seat in a program you will need to submit proof of Arizona Residency (a list of approved forms will be included in the online registration), and be prepared to provide a copy of your birth certificate, and immunization record. You may also need to provide up-to-date high school transcripts, depending on the program you are applying for. If you are unable to scan and upload your documents, you may email, fax or hand deliver required documents listed in the program description to our Student Services team members at our JTED @ Master Pieces, JTED @ The Bridges or JTED @ Camino Seco campuses.
  5. As a Public School District, the Pima County JTED requests that students who have a 504 Accommodation Plan or an Individual Education Plan (IEP) provide a copy of these documents during enrollment.
  6. Want an in-depth look at everything you should know before enrolling? Check out these videos for more information – English Spanish

Things You Need to Know

  • Enrollment does not guarantee a student’s placement in the program.
  • Programs, locations, and times are subject to change.
  • Enrollment applications will be accepted until classes are full or two weeks after the start of class.
  • Pima Community College dual credit may be available for some courses. To learn more about dual enrollment or concurrent enrollment, see the links below.
  • Some program regulatory agencies may require a Social Security number for internship, testing, certification, or to obtain a license. For details, speak with a JTED counselor.
  • Prospective students will receive a Pre-Enrollment Application completion confirmation email and begin receiving further communications from JTED by early April to complete the enrollment process or of waitlist status. It is important to notify the JTED Student Services team if you change your email, phone number, or address.
  • Certifications available to students are dependent on a teacher credentials.
  • If you wish to change any information on your Pre-Enrollment Application after submitting your request, or wish to withdrawal your application please contact our Student Services Team as soon as possible.

Earn state licenses

Frequently Asked Questions

I am already enrolled in school, why do I need to enroll in JTED?

JTED is a separate public school district therefore, we are required to capture your information to abide by state law.

How much does JTED cost?

Our programs are free, and there are no fees. Some programs do require uniforms and additional supplies. If you need help purchasing such items, speak with our counselors about financial assistance for those who qualify.

Is transportation provided?

No, students are required to provide their own transportation, however bus passes are available to students who qualify for assistance. Please speak with your counselor for more information.

I have already finished high school, can I still take a JTED program?

Unfortunately, JTED only serves students who are under 22 years of age and who have not earned a high school diploma or GED. We highly recommend that you contact Pima Community College and the Pima County One Stop for opportunities that may be available to you.

Ready to jumpstart your career?

Counselors are here to help you.