Welcome to the Student Handbook
Welcome to Pima JTED. The role of the Pima JTED is to provide each student with a quality education to enable you to become a productive citizen. We hope you will take your career and technical education seriously and enjoy the many activities provided. It is both to your advantage and your responsibility to acquaint yourself with the information in this handbook.
What is Pima JTED?
The Pima JTED is a public school district that provides premier career and technical education in partnership with 14 area school districts: Amphitheater Unified School District, Ajo Unified School District, Catalina Foothills Unified School District, Flowing Wells Unified School District, Baboquivari Unified School District, Mammoth/San Manuel Unified School District, Marana Unified School District, Nogales Unified School District, Sahuarita Unified School District, Santa Cruz Valley Unified School District, Sunnyside Unified School District, Tanque Verde Unified School District, Tucson Unified School District, and Vail Unified School District.
Impact lives and advance economic development through innovative career and technical education.
- We value student opportunity.
- We value faculty, staff and volunteers.
- We value equity and diversity.
- We value modalities of teaching that provide relevant, innovative and engaging opportunities for learning.
- We value professional skills and culture that embrace a growth mindset and self-care.
- We value collaborative partnerships with business, industry and community.
Guiding Educational Philosophy
- Upgrade and enhance existing career and technical education courses and programs in our 13 member districts.
- Expand the options and rigor of courses available to students.
- Provide innovative training for students to enter the Southern Arizona workforce.
- Provide a community resource to enhance career skills and improve employability options.
- Provide access to ALL students (private, charter, traditional high school, home school students and those without a HS diploma between the ages of 15 and 21) who reside within one of the 12 K-12 districts in Pima and Santa Cruz County, Arizona. JTED courses are also open to high school-age students who are working towards their GED.
Pima JTED District Office
2855 W. Master Pieces Drive
Tucson, Arizona 85741
Phone: (520) 352-JTED (5833)
Fax: (520) 352-5842
Attendance Hotline: (520) 209-2675
JTED Central Office Contacts
Kathy Prather, Superintendent/CEO
Thomas Bogart, Chief Financial Officer
Patti Greenleaf, Chief Academic Officer
Jennifer Atteberry-Pierpont, Principal JTED @ Master Pieces
Brice Menaugh, Principal JTED @ Master Pieces
Juan Rojas, Principal JTED @ Camino Seco
Amanda Simeza, Director of Student Services
Carol Rudigier, Registrar
Kara Matthews, Registrar
JTED email addresses are typically the first initial and last name followed by @pimajted.org