Pima JTED is a public Career and Technical Education District which works with business and industry and 14 member public school districts to provide premier CTE programs to approximately 22,000 sophomore, junior, and senior level high school students each year. Our award-winning programs are proven to increase student success, significantly contribute to our local economy, and afford students the chance to jumpstart their careers and do what they love in high school!
Research shows that students who complete a Career and Technical Education program have far greater success than their peers:
- Graduating high school
- Completing post-secondary education
- Successfully entering the job market
Pima JTED enables students to:
- Earn high school and, sometimes, college credit
- Earn state licenses and industry certifications
- Get a jumpstart on their career with real experience
We serve students who are enrolled in public, private, charter and homeschools, as well as students who are in the process of earning a GED and who are under 22 years of age. Students may attend JTED classes at one of our 15 Central Campuses, located throughout Pima County, or at one of our satellite locations which are located at all public high schools in Pima County, Rio Rico, Nogales, and Mammoth/San Manuel.
We do not offer core curriculum classes, nor do we award high school diplomas, however our counselors will offer guidance to students to obtain their educational/career goals.
For The Community
Pima JTED enables school districts to:
- Offer premier CTE programs to students in a cost-efficient manner
- Share resources to serve a greater number of students
- Take advantage of economies of scale to save taxpayer dollars
Established in 2007, Pima JTED was approved by voters thanks to the tireless efforts of many local educators who worked with business and community leaders, and local and state elected officials. It covers 14 member school districts, 11 of which are located within the boundaries of Pima County.
Pima JTED provides business & industry:
- A skilled workforce of young people who possess both the technical skills and professional skills needed for businesses to grow and remain competitive
- Internships and work-based learning opportunities that enable businesses to meet and work with talented students before they enter the job market
- Opportunities for members of business and industry to engage with educators to help plan and guide curriculum so that our students enter the workforce with relevant skills
Please visit our Business & Industry pages to learn more!
Impact lives and advance economic development through innovative career and technical education.
Pima JTED is nationally acclaimed for innovative career and technical education systems, people and programs that empower students to lead in careers, colleges and life. The district is a key economic development driver of a thriving Southern Arizona.
- We value student opportunity.
- We value faculty, staff and volunteers.
- We value equity and diversity.
- We value professional skills and culture that embrace a growth mindset and self-care.
- We value modalities of teaching that provide relevant, innovative and engaging opportunities for learning.
- We value collaborative partnerships with business, industry and community.
We serve all students who reside in the following school district boundaries:
- Catalina Foothills
- Flowing Wells
- Mammoth-San Manuel
- Santa Cruz Valley
- Tanque Verde
Connect and grow with fellow Pima JTED graduates.
Pima JTED Foundation
The purpose of the Pima JTED Foundation is to boost support for educational opportunities and experiences for all career and technical programs.
open to the public