All regular, special and emergency meetings of the board are open to the public except during executive sessions. Notices of all meetings are provided to the local daily newspapers and are posted in the front window of the District Office at 2855 W. Master Pieces Drive at least 24 hours prior to each meeting. By Arizona law, executive sessions may be called by the Governing Board to discuss personnel matters; meet and confer items (negotiations); legal matters with attorneys; purchase or lease of real property; and litigation.
Governing Board Meeting Dates
Pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.02, notice is hereby given to the general public that the Pima Joint Technical Education District #11 will hold its Regular Governing Board meetings open to the public on the following dates, at the location, and time listed unless otherwise posted.
Board Meeting Details
November 8, 2022
December 13, 2022
January 17, 2023
Governing Board Re-Organizational Meeting
February 14, 2023
March 14, 2023
April 11, 2023
Adoption of the FY 2022-2023 Budget
May 9, 2023
FY 2022-2023 Final Budget Revision
June 13, 2023
Proposed FY 2023-2024 Budget
July 11, 2023
Adoption of the FY 2023-2024 Budget
August 8, 2023
September 12, 2023
October 10, 2023
FY 2022-2023 Annual Financial Report
November 14, 2023
December 12, 2023
- Information concerning the Governing Board agenda for the meetings may be obtained by calling (520) 352-5833. One or more Governing Board members will/may participate by telephonic or video communications. If authorized by a majority vote of the members of the Governing Board, an executive session may be held pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.03. The executive session will be held immediately after the vote and will not be open to the public.
- Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting Ms. Chris Suarez, Executive Assistant to the Governing Board at (520) 352-5833. Requests should be made at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled meeting to arrange the accommodation. Every effort will be made to honor requests for interpretation services.
- A copy of the agenda for meetings will be made available at least twenty-four hours in advance of the meeting in the Governing Board office, posted in the front window of the JTED @ Master Pieces campus at 2855 W. Master Pieces Drive, and on the JTED website.
Robert SchlangerChairman of the Board
Wayne PeateBoard Member
Alex JácomeBoard Member
Cindy RankinBoard Member
Possible Governing Board Quorums
Notice: Notice is hereby given that a quorum of the members of the Pima JTED Governing Board may be present at, and individually may participate in the referenced event meetings and events. Referenced events may be open to the public. The Governing Board will not hold a meeting or take any action at this event.
Eller College of Management, Economic Outlook Luncheon
- Friday, December 9, 2022
- Westin La Paloma
- 3800 E. Sunrise Drive, Tucson, AZ 85718
- 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Pima Community College CTE Signing Day
- Thursday, April 20, 2023
- 9:30 a.m.
Tucson Metro Chamber Holiday Reception with Special Legislative Guests
- Wednesday, December 14, 2022
- Desert Diamond Casino
- 7350 S. Nogales Highway, Tucson, AZ
- 4 – 6:30 p.m.
Previous Possible Governing Board Quorums
- Special Meeting
- August 15, 2022
- This meeting will be held electronically utilizing a web-based system.
- 10 a.m.
- Meet & Greet Member District CTE Directors
- August 17, 2022
- CTE Directors Annual Retreat
- Master Pieces Campus Building 1
- Health & Medical Careers Program, Focus Group Meeting
- August 17, 2022
- Bridges Campus Raytheon Event Center
- 5:30 p.m.
- Onboarding/Off Boarding Process Meeting
- September 12, 2022
- Campus Seco Campus
- 8727 E. 22nd Street
- 10 a.m.
- Bridges Building Update Focus Group Meetings
- September 16, 2022
- Healthcare, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Veterinary Science, 4 – 6 p.m.
- 3300 S. Park Avenue
- Tour of the HVAC Program
- September 29, 2022
- HVAC Program @ Trane
- 2155 Forbes Boulevard
- 6:15 p.m.
- Legendary Teacher Award Ceremony
- October 4, 2022
- Via Zoom
- 4 p.m.
- Aviation Technology Center Expansion Ribbon Cutting Event
- Thursday, October 20, 2022
- 7211 South Park Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85709
- 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Online CTED Sups Legislative Symposium
- Opportunity is on the horizon as Arizona projects 540,000 jobs and is a desired destination for employment and advanced industries. Career and technical education (CTE) is a critical partner in preparing this workforce. Join, for a virtual opportunity to meet with educators, business leaders, and legislators, as we discuss WHY CTE is vital for the Arizona economy.
- Thursday, November 17, 2022
- 8:30 a.m.
To avoid the possibility of violating Open Meeting laws, please direct all correspondence to the Governing Board in care of Executive Assistant Christina Suarez.
Christina SuarezExecutive Assistant/Office Manager520 209-1694 x7111 JTED @ Master Pieces