Safe Return to In-Person Instruction Plan
Below is a list of practices that will ensure Pima JTED will maintain the health and safety of students, educators, and other staff and the extent to which it has adopted policies, and a description of any such policies, on regarding safety recommendations established by the CDC:
- Abide by all CDC guidelines that are legally allowable in AZ.
- Abide by all Arizona Department of Health guidelines that are legally allowable in AZ.
- Abide by all Pima County Health Department guidelines that are legally allowable in AZ.
- Provide clear communication via our Pima JTED website.
- Provide clear communication via posted at JTED Campuses.
- Consistent daily sanitization of surfaces.
- Continued use of advanced air filtration in HVAC systems.
- Staff will use a Daily Health Screener for both prevention and contact tracing.
- Consistent communication to parents and students via multiple medias (i.e. in-person, email, phone, etc.)
Below is a list of practices that will ensure Pima JTED continuity of services, including but not limited to services to address student’s academic needs and students’ and staff social, emotional, mental health, and other needs, which may include student health and food services:
- Contracting with professional services to provide resources and professional development in the area of social, emotional, mental health, academic and other needs to staff and students.
- Purchase supplies, equipment and services to support the academic needs in an educational environment that can provide learning experiences in multiple modalities.
- Contracting counselors during off contract periods during the school year and summer and weekends as needed.
- Provide multiple pathways to solicit feedback from all stakeholders (i.e. surveys, committees, one-on-one meetings, etc.).
ESSER III Funds Plan
Below is Pima JTED’s local plan for the use of ESSER III funds:
- 80% of total allocation will be used in the following ways:
- Contract counselors off contract to offer support for students, staff and community.
- Investments in hardware and software to further empower information technology capacity in the district.
- Contract with security vendors to ensure students and staff are protected from community spread.
- Offer incentives to staff to improve retention and mitigate laps of educational opportunity.
- Purchase supplies, equipment and purchased services that will promote social distancing, as well as virtual/remote learning.
- Hire and retain staff to support the ongoing operations of Pima JTED.
- 20% of total allocation will be used in the following ways:
- Provide individualized educational program during the summer months to increase learning opportunities for vulnerable populations of students. These expenditures could be in salary/benefits as well as supplies, equipment, dues/fees, and professional services.
Below is how Pima JTED will ensure that the interventions it implements, including but not limited to the 20% required set-aside interventions to address the academic impact of lost instructional time, will respond to the academic, social, emotional, and mental health needs of all students and particularly for our most vulnerable populations of students.
- Pima JTED will track individual student performance and engagement with our instructional system.
- Pima JTED will be able to compare student performance data at the individual level.
- Pima JTED Student Services will log engagement activities with students to include: engagement type and outcome.
Below is how Pima JTED will use funds to implement prevention and mitigation strategies that are, to the greatest extent practicable, consistent with the most recent CDC guidance on reopening schools, in order to continuously and safely open and operate schools for in-person learning.
- Pima JTED will purchase Personal Protective Equipment, and sanitization supplies.
- Pima JTED may purchase emergency sanitization services for confirmed COVID contamination.