Assess the security needs of computer and network systems, recommend safeguard solutions, and manage the implementation and maintenance of security devices, systems, and procedures to protect the property and operation of private businesses and government agencies.
Things to Consider
- Students must have the ability to spend extended periods of time in front of a computer screen.
- Technology Analyst
- Security Analyst
- Junior Cloud Analyst
Jobs Available After Additional or Advanced Training
- Cyber Defense and Computer Systems Security Administrator
- Cloud Administrator
- Computer Network Architect
- Computer and Information Researcher
JTED @ The Bridges
3300 S. Park Ave.
- Mondays & Wednesdays 4:30 to 7 p.m.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays 4:30 to 7 p.m.
See the Cybersecurity Classroom
Learn to program in Linux 1+ and Python.
Learn the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
Assess the security of computer systems by looking for weaknesses and vulnerabilities in target systems and learn about tools related to hacking with a focus of preventing hacking.
Entrance Requirements for Year 2 & 3
- Year 2: successful completion of Year 1
- Year 3: successful completion of Year 2
- Completion of Cybersecurity Program (Years 1-3) requires successful completion of a penetration test report, 80% or more of Test Out Coursework, and Certification
- Year 1:
- Year 2:
- CompTIA Sec+
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) – Cloud Practitioner
- TestOut – Security Pro Certification
- Year 3:
- Certified Ethical Hacker
Jason PototskyInformation Technology Instructor
Pima Community College (PCC) Dual Enrollment Credits Offered:
- Year 1
- CIS 129 – Programing and Problem Solving (4 credits)
- CIS 137 – Introduction to the UNIX Operating System ( 3 credits)
- Year 2
- CIS 133 – Fundamentals of Personal Computer Security ( 3 credits)
- CIS 219 – Programming and Problem Solving I ( 3 credits)
- Year 3
- CIS 247 – Ethical Hacking ( 3 credits)
*Dual Enrollment Credits available to students are dependent on teacher credentials*
Beneficial Classes to Take in High School
- Math – Algebra
- Computer Maintenance
- Software Apps and Design (Computer Science)