Prepare for careers in the rapidly expanding field of IT Support. Build a foundation for entry-level administration and cybersecurity positions. Learn the foundational skills and technologies necessary to administer and secure both Windows and Linux environments.
*Entering 12th grade: students can complete year 1 with JTED and can continue in the college program as a graduate at their own expense. First year 12th grade students are only enrolled if lab space is available.
- Students must complete JTED & PCC Onboarding requirements
- Complete JTED enrollment
- Apply to PCC
- Complete Math placement test (Year 2)
- Attend JTED & PCC New Student Orientation
- Upload and submit college forms (Verification of Lawful Presence, FERPA)
Things to Consider
- In this program you are a high school student and a college student. Your performance is reflected on your transcript for your high school and Pima Community College.
- Your grades for this course will impact your college GPA as well as your high school GPA.
- Students earn college credit while in the program.
- Technology Analyst
- Security Analyst
- Junior Cloud Analyst
Jobs Available After Additional or Advanced Training
- Cyber Defense and Computer Systems Security Administrator
- Cloud Administrator
- Computer Network Architects
- Computer and Information Research Scientists
JTED @ Pima Community College (East)
8181 E. Irvington Rd.
- Classes are scheduled per semester by PCC (days/times will vary), students may be expected to attend classes 2-4 nights per week depending on class availability.
*Class Times and Locations are subject to change by Pima Community College*
- CIS103 – MS Windows OS Professional Admin
- CIS136 – Computer Hardware Components
- CIS119 – Network Essentials
- CIS137 – Intro to Linux OS
- CIS228 – Fundamentals of Network Security
- MAT188 – Precalculus 1
Entrance Requirements for Year 2
Successful completion of Year 1
- Year 1
- CompTIA A+
- Year 2
- CompTIA Net+
- CompTIA Sec+
- Access to a computer (Windows, MacOS, Linux, or ChromeOS)
Beneficial Classes to Take in High School
- Algebra II
- Computer Maintenance
- Computer Science
- AP CIS