- Develop positive professional relationships with patients, and gain the expertise in medical terminology, ethics, charting, common disease disorders for each body system, and the structure and function of body systems
- Perform medical procedures with confidence including, venipuncture, electrocardiograms, visual and hearing screenings, pulse oximetry, ear lavage, and assist in minor surgeries and patient exams
- Manage a wellness clinic scheduling appointments, assisting with patient education, processing referrals, working with insurance companies, and maintaining medical records
- Complete an externship delivering patient care in a clinic or medical office as a member of a healthcare team
Healthcare Pathway Program
Locations: JTED @ Empire, JTED @ Master Pieces
- Grade 12
- Successfully complete Healthcare Foundations or an approved alternative prerequisite at your home high school (Speak with your counselor or a JTED counselor for details)
- Take a placement test
- Be able to obtain fingerprint clearance, and pass drug testing and background checks
- Arizona’s state regulatory agencies may require a valid Social Security number for externship, testing, and to become a Registered Medical Assistant.
- No high school diploma or GED before May 2019.
JTED @ Empire: Mon-Thurs 2:45 – 6:45 p.m.
JTED @ Master Pieces: Mon-Thur 2:45 – 6:45 p.m.
+ Open Lab Fri 12 – 5 p.m., + Summer 2019 160-hour externship
Certifications: CPR/First Aid, Registered Medical Assistant
Fees: $300 Plus required uniforms and supplies.
Fee waivers are available for students who have been placed in a JTED program and demonstrate financial need. Please speak with a JTED Central Campus counselor, or visit the page under the Student Services tab regarding fee assistance.