The Pima County Joint Technical Education District is a public high school district that provides tuition-free career and technical education to all sophomore, junior and senior level high school students in Pima County, Rio Rico, and San Manuel to give them a head start on college and careers.
We serve students who are enrolled in public, private, and charter schools; students who are home-schooled, as well as students who are in the process of earning a GED and who are under 22 years of age. Students may attend JTED classes at one of our Central Campuses, located throughout Pima County, or at one of our satellite locations which are located at all public high schools in Pima County, Santa Cruz Valley, and in Mammoth San Manuel.
Students who enroll in Pima County JTED programs earn high school credit, and in some cases, may earn college credit, industry certifications, and/or a state license. We do not offer core curriculum classes, nor do we award high school diplomas, however our counselors will offer guidance to students to obtain their educational/career goals.
We deliver premier career and technical education in partnership with business, industry and community stakeholders.
Guiding Educational Philosophy:
• Upgrading and enhancing existing courses and programs in participating districts.
• Expanding the options and rigor of courses available to students.
• Providing innovative training for students to enter the Southern Arizona workforce.
• Providing a community resource to enhance career skills and improve employability options.
• We value relationships that are honest, supportive and foster long-term loyalty and trust.
• We value communication that is timely, relevant, honest and open, that promotes collaboration.
• We value a fair and professional environment where all interact and are treated in the same manner.
• We value diversity of perspective, opinion, background, and culture.
• We value change and innovation that has a positive impact.
• We value service that is premier.
Pima County JTED #11 is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, language of origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or marital status. Unless expressly superseded by controlling federal or state statutes, regulations or court decisions, this policy will prevail in all matters concerning staff members, students, the public, educational programs and services and individuals with whom the Joint Board does business.