The Pima County Joint Technical Education District is a public high school district that provides tuition-free career and technical education to all sophomore, junior and senior level high school students in Pima County, Rio Rico, and San Manuel to give them a head start on college and careers.
We serve students who are enrolled in public, private, and charter schools; students who are home-schooled, as well as students who are in the process of earning a GED and who are under 22 years of age. Students may attend JTED classes at one of our Central Campuses, located throughout Pima County, or at one of our satellite locations which are located at all public high schools in Pima County, Santa Cruz Valley, and in Mammoth San Manuel.
Students who enroll in Pima County JTED programs earn high school credit, and in some cases, may earn college credit, industry certifications, and/or a state license. We do not offer core curriculum classes, nor do we award high school diplomas, however our counselors will offer guidance to students to obtain their educational/career goals.
We deliver premier career and technical education in partnership with business, industry and community stakeholders.
Guiding Educational Philosophy:
• Upgrading and enhancing existing courses and programs in participating districts.
• Expanding the options and rigor of courses available to students.
• Providing innovative training for students to enter the Southern Arizona workforce.
• Providing a community resource to enhance career skills and improve employability options.
• We value relationships that are honest, supportive and foster long-term loyalty and trust.
• We value communication that is timely, relevant, honest and open, that promotes collaboration.
• We value a fair and professional environment where all interact and are treated in the same manner.
• We value diversity of perspective, opinion, background, and culture.
• We value change and innovation that has a positive impact.
• We value service that is premier.
Strategic Plan 2016-2021:
- Purpose and Direction: The Pima JTED will make every relevant career cluster accessible to all students.
- Governance and Leadership: The Pima JTED will effectively manage a growing, complex, geographically spread-out, and diverse organization.
- Teaching and Assessing for Learning: The Pima JTED will establish and implement a performance based, industry-aligned assessment system for each CTE program.
- Resources and Support Systems: The Pima JTED will establish and sustain advocacy groups and partnerships that represent all stakeholders of JTED and its goals.
- Using Results for Continuous Improvement: The Pima JTED will establish a common data collection and distribution process that measures attributes of premier programs, student learning and program effectiveness.
Pima County JTED #11 is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, language of origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or marital status. Unless expressly superseded by controlling federal or state statutes, regulations or court decisions, this policy will prevail in all matters concerning staff members, students, the public, educational programs and services and individuals with whom the Joint Board does business.
El Distrito Mixto de Educación Técnica del Condado Pima #11 (Pima County JTED) está comprometido a tener una política no discriminatoria con relación a raza, color, religión, sexo, edad, nacionalidad, lengua de origen, incapacidad, orientación sexual, identidad o expresión de género o estado civil. A menos que sea reemplazada expresamente por los estatutos federales o estatales que gobiernan, por reglamentos o por decisiones de la corte, esta política prevalecerá en todos los asuntos concernientes a los miembros del personal, los estudiantes, el público, los programas y servicios educativos y los individuos con quienes la Junta Directiva tenga negocios.