- Investigate the history, role, and philosophy of law, public safety, and security
- Examine corrections systems, private security, and criminal and civil court procedures
- Demonstrate safety precautions, First-Aid, effective communication, investigative procedures, and physical/mental fitness
- Learn about police qualifications, and specialized federal, local and mixed governmental services
- Earn CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Earn MOAB (Management of Aggressive Behaviors) certification.
LAW, PUBLIC SAFETY & SECURITY
This is a one-year program.
Locations: JTED @ Camino Seco, JTED @ Master Pieces
- Grades 11, 12
- Pre-participation physical required (Taken after March 1, 2017)
- No high school diploma or GED before program completion
JTED @ Master Pieces: M/W 3:30-7:30 p.m. + two Saturdays/month 8-4 p.m.
JTED @ Camino Seco: T/TH 3:30-7:30 p.m. + two Saturdays/month 8-4 p.m.
Fees: $100 Required uniforms are the student’s responsibility.
Fee waivers are available for students who demonstrate financial need. Please speak with a JTED Central Campus counselor, or email email@example.com