- Learn electrical maintenance and repair
- Prepare aircraft drawings, symbols, system schematics, alterations, graphs, charts, forms and records
- Weigh and balance aircraft
- Maintain and repair fluid lines and fittings
- Inspect and test aircraft welds and materials
- Perform ground operation and services
- Master aircraft cleaning and corrosion control
- Identify Federal Aviation Administration licensing requirements
AVIATION TECHNOLOGY – AIRCRAFT MECHANICS
This is a two-year program
Location: JTED @ Pima Community College Aviation Center
- Grade 11 (minimum 12 HS credits)
- Must have a Pima Community College A# (PCC Student ID number)
- Minimum required PCC Assessments scores (math, reading, writing) must be submitted
- HS Transcripts must be submitted
- No high school diploma or GED before JTED program completion
Credits: 1 HS credit issued by JTED/year, + PCC credits/semester
Additional coursework is required before taking the A&P certifications.
Meeting times: M-TH 4-6:30 p.m.
Calendar TBD – info will be available at orientation
Non-residents of AZ will be responsible for PCC out-of-state tuition.