- Learn electrical maintenance and repair
- Prepare aircraft drawings, symbols, system schematics, alterations, graphs, charts, forms and records
- Weigh and balance aircraft
- Maintain and repair fluid lines and fittings
- Inspect and test aircraft welds and materials
- Perform ground operation and services
- Master aircraft cleaning and corrosion control
- Identify Federal Aviation Administration licensing requirements
2-3 Years Available (3 for incoming Sophomores)
Eligibility: Grade 10 – 11, must have a PCC A#, minimum required PCC assessment scores (math, reading, writing)
Meeting times: JTED @ Pima Community College Aviation Center
Year/Phase 1: Tues/Thur 4 – 6:45 p.m.
Year/Phase 2: Mon – Thur 4 – 5:30 p.m.
Year/Phase 3: Mon – Thur 4 – 6:30 p.m.
Credits: 4 or 5 upon program completion
-General Aviation Mechanic
-AirFrame and PowerPlant *requires additional coursework at PCC