Learn all aspects of construction including design, estimating, carpentry, masonry, plumbing, electrical, and welding. Students also visit industry workplaces, demonstrate their skills in competitions, and have industry professionals visit the classroom.
Things to Consider
- You must have the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- You must have the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Strong communication skills are necessary.
- You must have the ability to work outdoors in all seasons.
- If you enjoy working with your hands it will be beneficial.
- Apprenticeship in Electrical, Masonry, Carpentry, Plumbing, or Welding
- Highway Maintenance Worker
- Cement Mason
- Construction Worker
- Fence Builder
- Floor and Carpet Layer
Jobs Available After Additional or Advanced Training
- Journeyman License Holder
- Construction Project Manager
- Civil Engineer
JTED @ STAR
5093 S. Liberty Ave.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays 4 to 8 p.m. and one Saturday per month 8 to 4 p.m.
JTED @ Pima Community College (Downtown)
1255 North Stone Ave.
- Classes are scheduled per semester (days and times will vary)
- Students are expected to be on campus 2 evenings a week (timeframes will vary by school year)
Safety training, introduction to masonry, carpentry, electrical, and plumbing
Intermediate level exposure to masonry, carpentry, electrical, and plumbing plus internship opportunity in the summer
Advanced exposure to masonry, carpentry, electrical, and plumbing with opportunities for industry experience
Entrance Requirements for Year 2 & 3
Successful completion of Construction Technologies. To include:
- Completion of Construction I for entrance into Construction II
- Completion of Construction II for entrance into Construction III
- Year 1:
- OSHA 10 Construction
- NCCER Core
- Heartsaver CPR & First Aid Training
James DellConstruction Instructor
- Closed-toe shoe
- Work pants
- Year 1:
- BCT 146: Woodworking I (3 Credits)
- BCT 105: Professionalism in Service
- Construction (3 Credits)
- BCT 123: Concrete Masonry (3 Credits)
- BCT 107: Basic safety, hand and power tools (3 Credits)
**Dual Enrollment Credits available to students are dependent on teacher credentials*
Beneficial Classes to Take in High School
- English – focus on reading
- Precision Manufacturing