Learn how to understand, diagnose and repair today’s complex automobiles through direct instruction and the CDX online automotive training system. Do engine performance diagnosis and repair, evaluate and fix brakes, maintain and repair cooling, steering, suspension, electrical, and electronic systems.
- NC3/Snap-On 525 Multimeter Certification
Things to Consider About this Program
- In this program you are a high school student and a college student. Your performance is reflected on your transcripts for your high school and Pima Community College.
- Your grades for this course will impact your college GPA.
- JTED pays for the college tuition for this program.
- Auto Maintenance and Light Repair
Jobs Available After Additional or Advanced Training
- Service Writer
- Auto Parts Counterperson/Warehouse
- Maintenance Technician
- Light-Line/General Repair Technician
- Technician 1 ,2 & Master Levels
Grades 11, 12
Students must also:
- JTED pre-enrollment and registration forms
- JTED & PCC onboarding requirements
- Application to PCC as an Auto Basic Certificate student (tuition is paid by JTED)
- Attend New Student Orientation for JTED @ PCC students
- High school students in this program are held to the same standards and policies as a PCC student
(Students may complete year 1 with JTED and can continue in the college program as a graduate. 12th grade students are only enrolled if lab space is available.)
JTED @ Pima Community College Downtown Campus:
Students will complete two Automotive college classes each semester. This requires two nights a week Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday 5:30 to 9:30 p.m.
- Junior Year (Fall) Aut100 – Small engine trouble shooting and repair and Aut101 Automotive maintenance
- Junior Year (Spring) Aut105 – Light line maintenance and Aut120 Engine diagnosis and repair
- Senior Year (Fall) Aut128 – Automotive electrical fundamentals
- Senior Year (Spring) Aut139 – Automotive steering and alignment and Aut140 Automotive brakes and diagnosis
2/Year Junior Year
1.5/Year Senior Year
(Each class earns 3 PCC credits)