Learn how to understand, diagnose and repair today’s complex automobiles through direct instruction and the CDX online automotive training system. Do engine performance diagnosis and repair, evaluate and fix brakes, maintain and repair cooling, steering, suspension, electrical, and electronic systems.
*Entering 12th grade: students can complete year 1 with JTED and can continue in the college program as a graduate at their own expense. First year 12th grade students are only enrolled if lab space is available.
- Students must complete JTED & PCC Onboarding requirements
- Complete JTED enrollment
- Apply to PCC
- Attend JTED & PCC New Student Orientation
- Upload and submit college forms (Verification of Lawful Presence, FERPA)
Things to Consider
- In this program you are a high school student and a college student. Your performance is reflected on your transcript for your high school and Pima Community College.
- Your grades for this course will impact your college GPA as well as your high school GPA.
- Earn college credit while in the program.
- Auto Maintenance and Light Repair
Jobs Available After Additional or Advanced Training
- Service Writer
- Auto Parts Counterperson/Warehouse
- Maintenance Technician
- Light-Line/General Repair Technician
- Technician 1, 2 & Master Levels (training provided by dealerships)
JTED @ Pima Community College (Downtown – Center of Excellence Auto Lab)
1255 North Stone Ave.
- Students will complete two Automotive college classes a semester. This requires two nights a week Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday from 5:30 – 9:30 p.m.
*Class times & locations are subject to change by Pima Community College.
- Aut100 – Small Engine Troubleshooting and Repair
- Aut101 – Automotive Maintenance
- Aut105 – Light Line Maintenance
- Aut120 – Engine Diagnosis and Repair
- Aut128 – Automotive Electrical Fundamentals
- Aut142 – Auto HVAC
- Aut139 – Automotive Steering and Alignment
- Aut140 – Automotive Brakes and Diagnosis
Entrance Requirements for Year 2
Successful completion of Year 1
- Year 1:
- NC3/Snap-On 525 Multimeter Certification
Work Based Learning Requirements
Students who complete one or more years of the program and meet the eligibility requirements may have the opportunity to participate in our Internship Program.
- Clear Safety glasses
- JTED Automotive shirt
Beneficial Classes to Take in High School
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Auto Collusion