Discipline for participating Pima JTED students shall be in accordance with the Pima JTED policies when the student is present in a JTED central campus course/activity. Discipline issues will be reported to the Pima JTED Superintendent or Superintendent designee, who will also notify the student’s home school of said disciplinary action/infraction.
Concurrently, when a student is present at his/her home school campus, student discipline is then in accordance with the home school’s established policies.
All disciplinary actions taken at either Pima JTED or the home schools may be reciprocal.
Classroom Discipline Plans/Course Expectancy
At the beginning of each new term and with each new student, teachers will take time to explain Pima JTED’s and their individual classroom rules and the progressive consequences for violating rules. A copy of this plan will be available to each student, and he/she will be expected to adhere to all classroom rules and regulations. Students who refuse to accept the teacher’s consequences for violations will be subject to immediate referral to the Superintendent designee.
District Student Discipline Rules and Due Process Procedures
Purpose of Policy
The purpose of this policy is to:
- Define conduct that may result in discipline of a student
- Set forth due process procedures for various types of discipline.
Application of Policy
A student who engages in conduct prohibited by this policy may be disciplined. Discipline may include, but is not limited to, any one or any combination of the following:
- Oral reprimand
- Parent conferences
- Temporary exclusion from the classroom
- Loss of privileges
- Loss of credit
- Withdrawal from class
This policy is intended to regulate conduct of a student when the student is:
- On school grounds or at a school sponsored event
- Traveling to or from school or a school sponsored event
- Is under a suspension or expulsion from another school district/member school district or has engaged in misconduct while attending another school district/member school district
- Has engaged in misconduct that is in any other manner school related or affects the operation of any school
For the purpose of this policy, the term “school grounds” includes all property owned or controlled by the school district and all property reasonably adjacent thereto where students congregate during or immediately before or after school.