Dive into the world of creation in this course that combines 3D modeling, animation, virtual world building, digital gaming and virtual reality (VR). Learn how to use industry standard programs like Blendr and Adobe After Effects to create interactive and visually stimulating presentations and work with industry standard game engines like Unity and Unreal for valuable real-world experience. Prepare for careers in the entertainment industry, gaming and beyond.
Things to Consider
- You must have the ability to spend extended periods of time in front of a computer screen.
- You must have the ability to work independently.
- Strong creativity skills are necessary.
- Videographer/Video Editor
- AV Assistant
- Storyboard Artist
- 3D Modeler
- Motion Graphics Designer
- Graphic Designer
Jobs Available After Additional or Advanced Training
- Video Game Designer
- Multimedia Events Planner
- Audio Visual Technician
JTED @ The Bridges
3300 S. Park Ave.
- Mondays & Wednesdays or Tuesdays & Thursdays 4 to 6:30 p.m.
- Monday through Friday bell schedule*
*Earns 2 credits/year
Take an Interactive 360 Tour
3D Character low-poly modeling, sculpting, rigging, UV texture-mapping, basic 3D Gaming and Design principles, Virtual Reality immersive integration with Unity and creation of a simple game.
Rigging and animated cycles to be applied prior to Unity 3D imports. Creation of a portfolio to include video/audio examples with descriptions of projects, software, techniques, VR and a composite 5 minute video reel of all projects.
Students learn the Unity 3D interface to create a gaming environment using layers, tags, setting limits, adding object to inventory, FBX importer, parenting, complex hierarchies, colliders with both 1st and 3rd person operators and further VR integration.
Entrance Requirements for Year 2
Successful completion of 3D Animation & Game Design. To include:
- Completion of 3D Animation & Game Design Year 1 for entrance into 3D Animation & Game Design Year 2
- Completion of 3D Animation & Game Design Year 2 for entrance into 3D Animation & Game Design Year 3
- Year 2:
- Adobe After Effects Certified User (Certiport)
David Fuller3D Animation Game Design Instructor
Meet the Teacher Podcast
- Year 1:
- DAR251 – Computer 3D Animation: Maya (4 PCC credits)
*Dual Enrollment Credits available to students are dependent on teacher credentials*
Beneficial Classes to Take in High School
- Graphic Design