- Provide quality patient care in a wide variety of settings as a key member of the professional healthcare team
- Perform a wide range of diagnostic and medical procedures while using positive patient communication
- Develop the medical skills, terminology and confidentiality required by healthcare professionals
- Prepare for state licensure, immediate employment, advanced certifications and further education
Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA)
Healthcare Pathway Program
Locations: JTED @ Camino Seco, JTED @ Master Pieces
- Grade 12
- Successfully complete Healthcare Foundations or an approved alternative prerequisite at your home high school (Speak with your counselor or a JTED counselor for details)
- Take a placement test
- Be able to obtain fingerprint clearance, and pass drug testing and background checks
- Arizona’s state regulatory agencies for LNAs and Caregivers require a valid Social Security number for internship, testing, certification or to obtain a license.
- In order to become a LNA, students must pass a written and manual skills exam.
- No high school diploma or GED before May 2019.
JTED @ Camino Seco: Mon-Fri 7:30 – 9:45 a.m. or Mon-Thurs 1:20 – 4 p.m. or 4:20 – 7 p.m.
JTED @ Master Pieces: Mon-Thurs 1:20 – 4 p.m. or 4:20 – 7 p.m.
+ Open Lab Fri 12 – 5 p.m., + minimum of 5 Saturdays (8-hour clinicals) during second semester TBD
Certifications: Food Handler, CPR/First Aid, Caregiver, Licensed Nursing Assistant
Uniforms and supplies required