Explore developmental growth in children from birth through age eight in our Early Childhood Education program. In this course you will learn how to plan and execute developmentally appropriate activities for the age group. Learn all we have to teach you from our fully-licensed Little Lions Preschool.
Things to Consider
- Will be required to complete a Child Care Licensing File to participate in the preschool.
- You will work in close contact with the preschool children (51%) of class time.
- You may come into contact with bodily fluids.
- Vivid imagination and creative skills are essential.
- You must be willing to role play as a preschooler for peer lessons.
- Preschool Aide
- Childcare Worker
Jobs Available After Additional or Advanced Training
- Social Worker
- Preschool Teacher
- Ultrasound Technician
- Child Advocate
- Camp Director
- Preschool Director
- School Counselor
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech and Language Pathologist
JTED @ Mountain View
3901 W. Linda Vista Blvd.
- Monday through Friday bell schedule
Thanks to JTED, I found a passion that I never knew I had. JTED gave me the opportunity to explore Early Childhood Education and become a teacher. I am grateful for the experiences that JTED provided me with at such a young age.“
Early Childhood 1-2
Explore child Development theorists, milestones, and developmentally appropriate interactions.
Early Childhood 3-4
Dissect the AZ Early Learning Standards and create activities for children. Research career pathways and participate in industry trainings.
Early Childhood 5-6
Utilizing the AZ Early Learning Standards expand on year 2 and work independently to create, implement, and evaluate appropriate activities for children.
Early Childhood 7-8
Internship, must be currently enrolled in year 2 or 3. Assist the preschool staff to run the behind the scenes of the preschool. Implement the skills learned in the eFoodhandlers training and from previous years.
Entrance Requirements for Year 2 & 3
- Year 2: successful completion of Year 1
- Year 3: successful completion of Year 2
- ECE 7-8 may be an additional course offered to students enrolled in ECE Year 2 or 3
- Year 1:
- CPR & First Aid
- Year 2:
- Food Handlers Card
- CPR & First Aid Renewal
- Year 3:
- Intro to Infant/Toddler Guidelines Training
- Intro to Arizona Early Learning Standards Training
- CPR & First Aid Renewal
Work Based Learning Requirements
- Work in close contact with the preschool children (51%) of class time
- TB Test results required and proof of current Tetanus with Pertussis
- Completed Child Care Licensing File
Alissa MorrisECE Instructor/Program Manager
Deborah KresalPreschool Teacher
Nicole NissenbaumLittle Lions Preschool Instructional Assistant
A JTED Preschool
Beneficial Classes to Take in High School
- Education Professions
- Sports Medicine