- This program prepares students to pass the exam for the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians and State of Arizona EMT Certification.
- Learn components of Emergency Medical Systems (EMS) and Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Understand state statutes, regulations, legal and ethical issues regarding EMS and EMTs
- Study possible reactions EMTs and family members may have when faced with trauma, illness, death, and dying
- Determine scene safety and protective equipment necessary for various situations
- Demonstrate knowledge of the human body, patient assessments, and lifting/moving patients
- Describe bleeding, soft tissue, muscle, and bone injuries
- Identify appropriate practices related to childbirth, infants and children
- Earn CPR and AHA Basic Life Support Certification
Emergency Medical Technician
Locations: JTED @ Camino Seco, JTED @ Master Pieces
Eligibility: Grade 12, Prerequisite Healthcare Foundations, or Fire Service, or Law, Public Safety and Security. Physical required (taken after March 2018)
No high school diploma or GED before program completion
JTED @ Camino Seco: Tues/Thurs 3:30 – 7:30 p.m.
JTED @ Master Pieces: Mon/Wed 3:30 – 7:30 p.m.
+ Two Saturdays/month 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Certifications: AHA BLS, National Registry Emergency Medical Technician
Uniform and additional supplies required