- Learn about the practice of physical therapy and the differences between PTs, PTAs, and PT technicians.
- Understand the basic anatomy of the muscular, skeletal, cardiovascular, respiratory, and nervous systems.
- Use advanced training, injury recognition, and physical therapy techniques to help rehabilitate patients.
- Be prepared to assist patients with ambulation-related activities, and know how to transfer patients safely.
- Communicate effectively in a physical therapy setting, and know the legal and ethical issues that affect PT technicians.
PHYSICAL THERAPY AIDE
This is a Healthcare Pathway Class*
Locations: JTED @ Master Pieces, JTED @ Camino Seco
*Prerequisite: Healthcare Foundations (Ask your counselor about alternative prerequisites at your home high school)
- Grade 12
- Placement testing required.
- This program requires fingerprint clearance, drug testing and a background check.
- The regulatory agency for this program requires students to provide a valid Social Security number.
- In order to obtain certification as a Physical Therapy Technician, students must pass a written skills exam.
- No high school diploma or GED before program completion
JTED @ Camino Seco: M/W 2:45-6:45 p.m., Open Lab: F 12-5 p.m.
JTED @ Master Pieces: T/TH 2:45-6:45 p.m., Open Lab: F 12-5 p.m.
Summer 2018: 160-hour externship
Fees: $300 plus required uniforms and additional supplies.
Fee waivers are available for students who demonstrate financial need. Please speak with a JTED Central Campus counselor, or email email@example.com