Learn basic drafting and design fundamentals using AutoCAD® and SketchUp computer-aided drafting (CAD) tools.
*Entering 12th grade: First year 12th grade students are only enrolled if classroom space is available. Entering 12th grade students can complete year 1 with JTED and can continue in the college program as a graduate at their own expense.
- Students must complete JTED & PCC Onboarding requirements
- Complete JTED enrollment
- Apply to PCC
- Attend JTED & PCC New Student Orientation
- Upload and submit college forms (Verification of Lawful Presence, FERPA)
Things to Consider
- In this program you are a high school student and a college student. Your performance is reflected on your transcript for your high school and Pima Community College.
- Your grades for this course will impact your college GPA as well as your high school GPA.
- Students earn college credit while in the program.
- Architectural & Civil Drafter
Jobs Available After Additional or Advanced Training
- Civil Engineering Technician and Technologist
JTED @ Pima Community College (Downtown)
1255 North Stone Ave.
- Classes are scheduled per semester (days & times will vary)
- Students are expected to be on campus 2 evenings a week between 4 – 10 p.m.
*Class times & locations are subject to change by Pima Community College
- CAD101 – Computer Aided Drafting
- CAD151 – Computer Aided Drafting for Construction
- CAD155 – Residential Computer Aided Design
- CAD157 – Introduction to Site Development Design
- STU100 – Student College Success
Entrance Requirements for Year 2
Successful completion of CAD 101 & 151
- CAD Technician*
*Only students who successfully complete all 17 CAD credits and apply for PCC graduation
Work Based Learning Requirements
Students who complete year 1 or more of the program and meet the Internship Program eligibility requirements may have the opportunity to complete an internship.
Earn 17 PCC credits total
- Reliable access to the internet to complete homework assignments
- Reliable laptop or PC (not a Chromebook as CAD software is not compatible) or ability to use the PCC lab (please reach out to your JTED counselor if you need assistance with this)
Beneficial Classes to Take in High School
- Computer Science