- Experience Fire Service roles and organization including history, culture, mission, career tracks, operating procedures, and community interaction
- Learn fire prevention, safety, control, detection, alarm, approach, suppression, first responder, and communication systems
- Understand fire behavior, categories, equipment use, salvage, and non-fire search and rescue procedures
- Practice physical fitness and personal wellness
- Earn Wildland and Haz Mat certifications
- Earn Firefighter I and II certifications (Must be 18 years of age)
Locations: JTED @ Camino Seco, JTED @ Master Pieces
Eligibility: Grades 11, 12, pre-participation physical required (taken after March 2018) No high school diploma or GED before program completion
JTED @ Camino Seco: Mon/Wed 3:30 – 7:30 p.m.
JTED @ Master Pieces: Mon-Fri 7:30 – 9:15 a.m. or Tues/Thur 3:30 – 7:30 p.m.
+2 Saturdays/month 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Certifications: Firefighter I & II*, CPR/First Aid, Hazmat, Wildlands
*Must be 18 years old
Fees: $200 + Required uniforms and additional supplies
Fee waivers are available for students who have been placed in a JTED program and demonstrate financial need. Please speak with a JTED Central Campus counselor, or visit the page under the Student Services tab regarding fee assistance.