Learn about and Operate different types of heavy equipment including Skid Steer, Backhoe, Forklift, Loader, Excavator, and more. Students also visit industry workplaces, demonstrate their learned skills in competitions, perform work at a mine, and have industry professionals visit the classroom. Professionals in this career field are in high demand and have a variety of opportunities for growth.
- Forklift (Industrial & Rough Terrain)
- NCCER Core
- First Aid + Bleeding Control
- OSHA 10
- Additional Certification Opportunity – Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
- Only for students who successful complete Pima Community College Dual Enrollment TDT 118 and additional coursework at PCC
Things to Consider About This Program
- You will be working outside more often than not in this program
- Heavy Equipment Operator
- Forklift Operator
Jobs Available After Additional or Advanced Training
- Open Pit Mining Operator
- Project Manager
- Project Engineer
Grades 11 – 12
- Arizona Drivers license is highly recommended
Heavy Equipment Operations
JTED @ Granite:
Mondays & Wednesdays 4 to 8 p.m. and 2 Saturdays per month 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Tuesdays & Thursdays 4 to 8 p.m. and 2 Saturdays per month 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Semester 1: Equipment safety, identification and basic operation of: Skid Steer, Excavator, Safety: NCCER and OSHA 10 certification training
- Semester 2: Equipment safety, identification and basic operation of: Backhoe, Loader, Mine Safety Health Administration (MSHA), Forklift, Flagger
- This program is completed in one school year