- Investigate the history, role, and philosophy of law, public safety, and security
- Examine corrections systems, private security, and criminal and civil court procedures
- Demonstrate safety precautions, First-Aid, effective communication, investigative procedures, and physical/mental fitness
- Learn about police qualifications, and specialized federal, local and mixed governmental services
- Earn CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Earn MOAB (Management of Aggressive Behaviors) certification.
Law, Public Safety & Security
Locations: JTED @ Camino Seco, JTED @ Master Pieces
Eligibility: Grades 11, 12, pre-participation physical required (taken after March 2018) No high school diploma or GED before program completion
JTED @ Camino Seco: Mon-Fri 7:30 – 9:15 a.m. or Tues/Thur 3:30 – 7:30 p.m.
JTED @ Master Pieces: Mon/Wed 3:30 – 7:30 p.m.
+2 Saturdays/month 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Certifications: Protection Officer, CPR/First Aid, Management of Aggressive Behaviors, AZ Security Guard
Fees: $100 + Required uniforms and additional supplies
Fee waivers are available for students who have been placed in a JTED program and demonstrate financial need. Please speak with a JTED Central Campus counselor, or visit the page under the Student Services tab regarding fee assistance.