Earn your Protection Officer certification M.O.A.B. (Management of Aggressive Behaviors, CPR, and Mental Health First Aid. Learn about criminal justice, public safety, legal systems, search and seizure, law enforcement procedures, and forensics from experienced law enforcement instructors.
- Pre-participation physical from healthcare provider (within the last year and updated annually)
- Complete start Accuplacer Reading Test (achieve at least 9th grade reading level)
Things to Consider
- Physical training is required throughout the program.
- Students will learn firearm safety and will handle artificial guns.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills are necessary.
- Security Guard
- Community Service Officer
- Corrections Officer
Jobs Available After Additional or Advanced Training
- Police Officer
- Sheriff Deputy
- Crime Scene Investigator
- Gambling Surveillance Officer
- Forensic Crime Lab Scientist
JTED @ Camino Seco
8727 E. 22nd St.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays 3:40 to 7:40 p.m. and two Saturdays per month 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
JTED @ Master Pieces
2855 W. Master Pieces Dr.
- Mondays & Wednesdays 3:40 to 7:40 p.m. and two Saturdays per month 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Take An Interactive 360 Tour
Pima JTED helped me choose my path today and provided the experiences I need to achieve my goals as a police officer.”
- Semester 1: History of Law Enforcement, Handcuffing, Crime scene investigation, Scenario based learning, Criminal law and Report writing
- Semester 2: Continued scenario based learning, field trips to crime lab, court houses and other locations, physical fitness testing, leadership training and continued crime scene investigation and forensic science.
- Protection Officer
- First Aid
- Management of Aggressive Behavior (M.O.A.B.)
- AZ Security Guard
- Mental Health First Aid
Robb FountainLaw, Public Safety & Security Instructor
Jason HapnerLaw Skills Instructor
- JTED LPS t-shirt, polo shirt, shorts, and cargo pants
- JTED LPS sweatshirt & hat (optional)
- Comfortable, closed-toe shoes
- AJS 101 – Introduction to Administration of Justice Systems (3 PCC Credits)
- AJS 109 – Criminal Law (3 PCC Credits)
- Students will have class time to work on the dual enrollment course; however, additional work will be required outside of class to complete the work.
*Dual Enrollment Credits available to students are dependent on teacher credentials*
Beneficial Classes to Take in High School
- Forensic Science
- Physical Education