Learn about law enforcement operations, the practice of law, corrections, private security, crime scene investigation and forensics from experienced professionals.
Pre-participation physical from healthcare provider (within the last year and updated annually)
Things to Consider
- Physical training is required throughout the program.
- Students will learn firearm safety and will handle artificial guns.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills are necessary.
- Security Guard
- Community Service Officer
- Corrections Officer
Jobs Available After Additional or Advanced Training
- Police Officer
- Sheriff Deputy
- Crime Scene Investigator
- Gambling Surveillance Officer
- Forensic Crime Lab Scientist
JTED @ Camino Seco
8727 E. 22nd St.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays 3:40 to 7:40 p.m. and two Saturdays per month 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
JTED @ Master Pieces
2855 W. Master Pieces Dr.
- Mondays & Wednesdays 3:40 to 7:40 p.m. and two Saturdays per month 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Pima JTED helped me choose my path today and provided the experiences I need to achieve my goals as a police officer.”
- Semester 1: History of Law Enforcement, Handcuffing, Crime scene investigation, Scenario based learning, Criminal law and Report writing
- Semester 2: Continued scenario based learning, field trips to crime lab, court houses and other locations, physical fitness testing, leadership training and continued crime scene investigation and forensic science.
- Protection Officer
- First Aid
- Management of Aggressive Behavior (M.O.A.B.)
- AZ Security Guard
- Mental Health First Aid
- JTED LPS t-shirt, polo shirt, shorts, and cargo pants
- JTED LPS sweatshirt & hat (optional)
- Comfortable, closed-toe shoes
- AJS 101 – Introduction to Administration of Justice Systems (3 PCC Credits)
- AJS 109 – Criminal Law (3 PCC Credits)
- Students will have class time to work on the dual enrollment course; however, additional work will be required outside of class to complete the work.
*Dual Enrollment Credits available to students are dependent on teacher credentials*
Beneficial Classes to Take in High School
- Forensic Science
- Physical Education