Prepare and provide medications and related assistance to patients, and work on a team to manage pharmacy clinical and business operations. Learn medical and pharmaceutical terminology, principles of pharmacology and pharmaceutics, drug identification, lab procedures, prescription interpretations, labeling, patient communication and education, safety, recordkeeping, measurement and testing techniques, providing patient injections, and dispensing operations.
- Semester 1: History of Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Math, Pharmacology, Medical Terminology (Abbreviations & Sigs).
- Semester 2: Preparation for certification exams, opportunity for an internship.
- A full year of Algebra II with a B or better and complete one or more of the following prerequisite courses and passed both semesters with a B or better (JTED Health Care Foundations, JTED Comprehensive Health Care Technician, Chemistry, Anatomy/Physiology, Sports Medicine, Home Health Aide, EMS, or an alternative prerequisite at your home high school)
- 18 years old by course completion
- Accuplacer Math & Reading Assessments
- Fingerprint Clearance
- Pass industry required drug testing & background checks
- Social security number for clinicals and licensure
- Current BLS CPR Certification
- Flu & COVID vaccines for clinicals
- Audit Tool
Things to Consider
- You must have the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- You must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Retail/Mail Order Pharmacy Technician
Jobs Available After Additional or Advanced Training
- Pharmacy Sales Assistant
- Pharmaceutical Firm Executive
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
JTED @ The Bridges
3300 S. Park Ave.
- Monday through Thursday 4:15 to 6:45 p.m.
Beth Francis, RN, MSHealth Care Professions Manager