Learn about orthopedic injury treatment and physical therapy techniques to assist with patient rehabilitation. Understand the basic anatomy of the muscular, skeletal, cardiovascular, respiratory, skin, and nervous system and how they relate to rehabilitation and exercise.
*Eligible for graduation within the same school year as JTED program completion
- Complete Accuplacer Reading assessment
- Minimum Reading Score of 235
- Or – have a C or better in two high school English credits
- Completion of the JTED Advanced Healthcare Pathway Application with a score of 60 points or higher
- The rubric is based on:
- Completion of one or more of the following prerequisite courses, passing both semesters with a B or better greatly increases your score on the application: Healthcare Foundations, JTED Comprehensive Health Technician, Anatomy/Physiology, Sports Medicine, EMS, Home Health Aide or a JTED approved healthcare related course
- High school cumulative GPA starting at 2.0 and above
- Advanced Healthcare Pathway Essays
- The rubric is based on:
- Attend mandatory orientation in Spring 2023
Some programs may have additional requirements such as:
- Be able to obtain fingerprint clearance card, pass industry required drug testing, and background checks
- For clinicals, internships, certifications, and licenses provide social security number
- Must hold current Basic Life Support CPR Certification before start of class
- Flu, COVID vaccines & 2-step TB test required for clinicals
Things to Consider
- You will act as a patient and PTT in this program while learning skills, having skills performed on you as well as you being the one to practice the skills.
- Attendance is extremely important. Students with more than 24 hours of absences over the course of the year will not be eligible for certification.
- You must have the ability to lift 40 lbs.
- You must have the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Strong communication skills and compassion for people are necessary.
- In this program students must be comfortable touching various body parts and being touched by classmates in a clinical setting.
- You must hold current Basic Life Support CPR Certification before start of class.
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Physical Therapy Technician
- Rehabilitation Aide
- Exercise Specialist
- Front Office Specialist
Jobs Available After Additional or Advanced Training
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Personal Trainer
- Physical Therapist
- Athletic Trainer
- Occupational Therapist
- Exercise Physiologist
JTED @ Camino Seco
8727 E. 22nd St.
- Mondays & Wednesdays 2:45 to 7:15 p.m. and opportunity for 160 hour externship
JTED @ Master Pieces
2855 W. Master Pieces Dr.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays 2:45 to 7:15 p.m. and opportunity for 160 hour externship
I started my JTED journey in 2015 as a Healthcare Foundations student which sparked my love for healthcare. I went on to join the Physical Therapy Technician course as my senior pathway graduating in 2017. I continued my education in college and graduated with a Bachelors of Science in Public Health. I am now currently a Master’s student at Johns Hopkins University in the Population, Family, and Reproductive Health program. JTED has always pushed me to get out of my comfort zone and strive for more. Thank you for everything JTED!”
- Semester 1: Therapy professions, salary, and educational requirements. Safety and infection control. Exercise and therapeutic effects on the heart, lungs, skin, and nervous system. Orthopedic anatomy of the lower body (feet, legs, knees, & hips).
- Semester 2: Orthopedic anatomy of the upper body (shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hand), and the spine. Hospital rehabilitation.
Physical Therapy Aide
Conny White, PT, ScD
Beth Francis, RN, MS
- Gait belt (nylon belt with metal buckle, no plastic buckles)
- Wrist watch with a second hand (no digital or smart watches)
- Blood pressure cuff
- Teal JTED scrubs
- Teal JTED scrub jacket
- White or black athletic shoes
Beneficial Classes to Take in High School
- Sports Medicine