- Learn about the practice of physical therapy and the differences between PTs, PTAs, and PT technicians.
- Understand the basic anatomy of the muscular, skeletal, cardiovascular, respiratory, and nervous systems.
- Use advanced training, injury recognition, and physical therapy techniques to help rehabilitate patients.
- Be prepared to assist patients with ambulation-related activities, and know how to transfer patients safely.
- Communicate effectively in a physical therapy setting, and know the legal and ethical issues that affect PT technicians.
Physical Therapy Technician
Healthcare Pathway Program
Locations: JTED @ Camino Seco, JTED @ Master Pieces
- Grade 12
- Successfully complete Healthcare Foundations or an approved alternative prerequisite at your home high school (Speak with your counselor or a JTED counselor for details)
- Take a placement test
- Be able to obtain fingerprint clearance, and pass drug testing and background checks
- Arizona’s state regulatory agencies may require a valid Social Security number for externship, testing, certification or to obtain a license.
- No high school diploma or GED before May 2019.
JTED @ Camino Seco: Mon/Wed 2:45 – 6:45 p.m.
JTED @ Master Pieces: Tues/Thurs 2:45 – 6:45 p.m.
+ Open Lab Fri 12 – 5 p.m., + Summer 2019 160-hour externship
Certifications: Physical Therapy Aide
Uniforms and supplies required