- Provide appropriate treatment and care for large and small animals as part of a veterinary team
- Work side-by-side with board-certified professionals in a clinic, agricultural lab, and on farms
- Explore the science of veterinary medicine including anatomy, breeding and reproduction, clinical procedures, terminology, disease prevention, and ethics
- Earn CVA (Certified Veterinary Assistant) and Pet CPR certifications
- Gain leadership and communication skills through participation in FFA
Locations: JTED @ Amphi Land Lab, JTED @ Tanque Verde
Eligibility: Grades 10-12, No high school diploma or GED before program completion
JTED @ Amphi Land Lab: Mon-Fri 8 – 9:30 a.m. or Mon/Wed 4 – 6:30 p.m. or Tues/Thurs 4 – 6:30 p.m.
Advanced: Mon/Wed or Tues/Thur 3 – 7 p.m. + 1 Saturday/month 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
JTED @ Tanque Verde: Tues/Thur 4 – 6:30 p.m.
Certifications: Pet CPR, Veterinary Assistant
Fees: Year 1 $60, Advanced $135, + Required uniform and additional supplies
Fee waivers are available for students who have been placed in a JTED program and demonstrate financial need. Please speak with a JTED Central Campus counselor, or visit the page under the Student Services tab regarding fee assistance.