- Provide appropriate treatment and care for large and small animals as part of a veterinary team
- Work side-by-side with board-certified professionals in a clinic, agricultural lab, and on farms
- Explore the science of veterinary medicine including anatomy, breeding and reproduction, clinical procedures, terminology, disease prevention, and ethics
- Earn CVA (Certified Veterinary Assistant) and Pet CPR certifications
- Gain leadership and communication skills through participation in FFA
This is a two-year program
Location: JTED @ Amphi Land Lab, JTED @ Tanque Verde
Eligibility: Grades 10 – 12
No high school diploma or GED before program completion
Credits: 1/year, *2/year
JTED @ Amphi Land Lab: Veterinary Science Fundamentals, M/W 4-6:30 p.m.
JTED @ Tanque Verde: Veterinary Science Fundamentals, T/TH 4-6:30 p.m.
*JTED @ Amphi Land Lab: Advanced Veterinary Science, M/W or T/TH 2:30-6:30 p.m. + 1 Saturday/month 9-3 p.m.
Fees: Year 1 $60, Year 2 $135 plus required uniforms and additional supplies.
Fee waivers are available for students who demonstrate financial need. Please speak with a JTED Central Campus counselor, or email email@example.com