Learn the shielded metal arc welding skills and processes used in construction or other field welding applications.
- American Welding Society (AWS) D1.1 Structural Steel Certification in SMAW 2F
- American Welding Society (AWS) D1.1 Structural Steel Certification in SMAW 3G, 4G
Things to Consider About This Program
- In this program you are a high school student and a college student. Your performance is reflected on your transcript for your high school and Pima Community College.
- Your grades for this course will impact your college GPA as well as your high school GPA.
- JTED pays for the college tuition for this program if not a high school graduate.
Jobs Available After Additional or Advanced Training
- Welding Instructor
Grade 11, 12
JTED @ Pima Community College Downtown Campus:
Classes are scheduled per semester
2 evenings per week, dates and times to be determined
Junior Year (Fall) WLD110 – Basic Arc and Oxyacetylene
Junior Year (Spring) WLD160 – Arc Welding and GTM105 – Applied Technical Math
Senior Year (Fall) WLD261 – Gas Metal Arc Welding and WLD115 – Blueprint Reading & Estimates
Senior Year (Spring) WLD262 – Gas Tungsten Welding and STU100 – Student College Success
1.5/Year Junior Year
2/Year Senior Year
(Complete both years to earn a total of 24 PCC credits)